Salisbury Sling Library Hire Form
|Accessories or other items included|
|Loan Charge||Payment Method|
|Deposit Value||Payment Method|
|Date Borrowed||Date to be returned|
|Comments / special requirements or conditions|
Hire Agreement – I confirm that:
I have read, understood and agree to abide by the hire terms and conditions. I agree to return the carrier in good condition by the date and method above.
I have received instructions for the carrier borrowed and will follow them in its use. I have checked that the carrier and any accessories are present and in good working order.
On behalf of the Salisbury Sling Library, I agree to the hire as detailed above. The hire charge and deposit have been received.
For Admin use only:
Carrier/s returned + date
Instructions returned + date
Amount to be charged
Deposit refunded, method + date
Salisbury Sling Library
HIRE TERMS AND CONDITIONS – PLEASE KEEP THESE FOR YOUR RECORDS
- Hire Form
- A Hire From must be completed for each carrier you borrow with your full name, address and contact details, loan charges, deposit values, return method and due date. A printed copy of these Terms and Conditions, including details of your hire will also be completed for you to keep.
- Your personal details will be kept in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and will only be used to contact you in relation to your loan and occasional Sling Library events or promotions.
- Hire Cost and Duration
- All carriers are hired subject to availability, condition and suitability.
- Subject to availability up to 2 carriers may be borrowed at one time. This may be limited to no more than 1 of each carrier type depending on demand and availability. Once a carrier is returned another loan may be made.
- The standard loan period is 2 weeks. Each carrier loan costs £4-£10 for up to 2 weeks. The minimum charge for any sling or carrier loan is £4.
- At our discretion you may arrange to borrow a carrier for a longer period. For additional days beyond the normal 2 week period that have been fully agreed on the loan form in advance we charge 10% of the 2 week rate per day or 60% of the 2 week rate per week.
- A fully refundable deposit is required for each loan. The deposit amount is dependent on the value of the carrier or accessory being borrowed and will be returned in full following the timely return of the carrier or accessory undamaged with all instructions and any additional accessories.
- The replacement of any lost carriers, accessories or instructions will be paid for out of your deposit. Charges for missing instructions will be between £2 (for photocopied instructions) to £12 (for the most comprehensive booklets). Charges for lost components will be equal to replacement cost (including any postage costs). Charges for items damaged beyond normal wear and tear will be judged on a case by case basis.
- Payment Methods
- Loan costs are payable by cash or gifted PayPal payment. For renewals, bank transfers are also acceptable.
- Deposits may be given as cash or PayPal payment (or bank transfer if made in advance), and are refunded by the method given.
- At our discretion you may be able to hire by post. For postal loans the standard loan period is for 2 weeks and loan fee and deposits are the same. An extra charge will be made to cover postage and packaging. A loan form will need to be completed and emailed to email@example.com. Fees and deposits may be paid by PayPal or bank transfer; please contact us for these details.
- Under very special circumstances only it may also be possible to reserve a carrier. You will be asked to complete a loan form and pay the hire fee for 2 weeks in advance. The carrier will only be reserved if this payment has been received and acknowledged by us. You will be able to collect the carrier subject to when it is next available and as agreed in advance. We cannot offer guarantees for when carriers will become available, but will do the utmost to provide you with the best information
- Postal loan and reservation services are made available entirely at the Library’s discretion and these facilities may be withdrawn or unavailable at any time without notice..
- Late Returns
- It is often possible to renew your loan for an additional 2 week period (unless the carrier is in high demand), with payment made by PayPal or bank transfer. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a loan extension.
- If you return your carrier after the agreed date we will charge £1-£2 per day late fees (or twice the daily rate for the carrier) for every day past the agreed returns due date until the date that you contact us and agree a resolution. These fees will be deducted from your deposit.
- Under adverse or unforeseen circumstances we may reduce or waive fines for late returns as long as the late period is less than 7 days and has been agreed by us before the end of the loan period (this allows for things like postage delays).
- If we do not hear from you within 30 days from the end of your original loan period, we will consider the carrier lost and keep your full deposit.
- If you are unable to return your carrier by the agreed date due to Library staff illness or holidays, we will extend your loan period for free and agree a new returns due date with you.
- Returning Carriers
- Returns can be made during Library open hours or at other times at a Sling Meet following a prearranged agreement to attend or by prior arrangement to meet at a mutually convenient location.
- If this is not possible the carrier and instructions may be returned by post to arrive on or before the returns due date. Carriers and instructions returned by post should be returned to Carol Kite, 47 Castle Road, Salisbury SP1 3RH. The carrier is returned by post at your own cost and risk; we advise that you use a tracked and insured shipping method and retain proof of postage. Please ensure you allow sufficient time for the carrier to arrive by its return due date. Please ensure that the carrier, instructions and any accessories are packaged appropriately – we prefer that you ‘double-bag’ the carrier and enclose a covering note with your details so that we can match up the hires.
- Condition of the Carrier
- All carriers are checked before lending to ensure that they are in good condition and working order. The borrower may check the condition of the carrier prior to the start of the loan and must confirm on the loan form that it is in working order.
- If a carrier is received by post, any breaks or flaws that prevent its use should immediately be reported to the Library on receipt of the carrier. In such cases the hire fee will be refunded in full on return of the carrier however postal fees cannot be refunded.
- It is the borrowers responsibility to check over the carrier before every use. Check all buckles, hems and seams ensuring that there are no tears, breaks, cracks or holes. If any damage is discovered, please stop using the carrier immediately and contact us.
- Safe Use of Carriers
- ALL CARRIERS ARE EXTREMELY SAFE WHEN USED PROPERLY, HOWEVER MISUSE CAN CASUE INJURY TO YOURSELF OR YOUR CHILD. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE USING THE CARRIER CORRECTLY AND THAT YOUR BABY OR CHILD IS SAFE AT ALL TIMES WHEN USING THE CARRIER. The Salisbury Sling Library cannot be held responsible for any accident that results in injury or death whilst the carrier is in your care.
- All carriers are provided with instructions for safe use. If, for any reason they are not supplied, it is the borrower’s responsibility to ask for a copy of the instructions. On occasion, we may only be able to provide you with an online link to manufacturer’s instructions͖ in this case, we will also give you printed instructions for a similar carrier. For convenience, links to web page or pdf copies of instructions for all of our carriers may be found on the Salisbury Sing Library page.
- The borrower must read all safety, use and care instructions provided prior to using the carrier. Carriers must only be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, though where there is a choice we may recommend particular carrying methods or positions.
- We suggest that after familiarising yourself with the instructions given you then practice using the carrier with a doll/teddy or cushion/pillow so that you get used to the tying/fastening/adjusting methods.
- Always ensure that you seat your child correctly in the carrier and check any knots regularly as children do not stay still and straps and wrap passes can move or become loosened.
- If you feel any pain while carrying your child, change the carrying position or remove the carrier.
- g. If you are unsure about anything you read in the instructions, are not sure what you’re doing or are at all concerned, please ask us. We can point you in the direction of lots of helpful sites to give you tips to make sure you’re getting the best out of the carrier and using it safely.
10. Care of Carriers
- Under no circumstances is it permitted to smoke whilst wearing or holding the carrier. Please inform us if you are a smoker, or if there is a smoker in your home as we will need to carefully launder the carrier after it is returned. Smoking is known to increase the risk of cot death for babies, and these risks have also been linked to babies being in close contact with clothing or objects contaminated with smoke particles.
- We cannot guarantee that there are no marks or hairs on the carriers we lend. Carriers are spot-cleaned and only laundered if necessary as freshly washed carriers will not be as soft or flexible as those that are not. If you would prefer to use a freshly laundered carrier please request this before you borrow.
- Please avoid washing the carrier, though do spot clean any marks when they occur using washing up liquid and water. If you feel it is necessary that the carrier is cleaned while on hire to you, please contact us first for advice.
- We cannot guarantee that there are no animal hairs on our carriers, but we ask that all carriers are kept away from pets to minimise this possibility. If you are very allergic to animal hairs, please request that the carrier be laundered before you borrow it to help reduce any potential reaction.
- Food and posset marks are expected when carrying children, but please keep the sling away from anything that may
stain more permanently (oil, paint, pens, etc.), or anything that might damage it (scissors, Velcro, keys in your bag, fire, etc.). The cost of damage beyond normal wear and tear may be removed from your deposit.
- All slings, carriers, instructions and accessories remain the property of Carol Kite/ Aimee Helliker and/or the Salisbury Sling Library at all times, and all loans are subject to availability and our discretion.
11. All slings, carriers, instructions and accessories remain the property of Carol Kite/ Aimee Helliker and/or the Salisbury Sling Library at all times, and all loans are subject to availability and our discretion
Confirmation of Hire Agreement
- I have borrowed the following:
- I have read, understood and agree to abide by the carrier instructions and borrowing terms and conditions.
- I will return the carrier borrowed by the following date and method:
On behalf of the Salisbury Sling Library, I agree to the hire of the above carrier. The hire charge of £ and deposit of £
have been received.
- For the duration of your loan, if you have any questions you can contact us by emailing email@example.com / We will aim to get back to you as soon as we can.
with thanks to south london sling library for allowing us to adapt their document.